RE: <S1500> Main Wiring Harness..... Again

To: "Spitfire 1500" <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net> (Return requested), "Triumph Group" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: <S1500> Main Wiring Harness..... Again
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 21 Mar 1997 08:00:57 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 08C4C3332B0B900F-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 21 Mar 1997 08:00:57 -0800
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 21 Mar 1997 08:00:57 -0800
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <08C4C3332B0B900F*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Ron N. wrote:

[snip]A while back I posted a message for a main wiring harness for my 77
Spit
1500.  I got a few replies, but after that things seemed to have went
dead.  I contacted TRF again,  this time a flat NO was the answer.  Any
of you guys have any kind of main harness for a 77 Spit?  Bits?
Pieces?[snip]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ron - I ordered a new harness for my Mk I Spit from John Kipping Triumph
Spares in the U.K. for about $150 U.S.$.  It was flawlessly wrapped, proper
connectors, properly color coded wires, proper length, etc.  I alos know
that Rimmer Bros. in the U.K. carries them as well.  Figure another $25 or
so for shipping - seems like a deal to me when you figure in the time it
would take you to make your own.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[snip]
Mine is so severely destroyed by POs and a wire fire that I do not have
a clue as where to start.  There are so many splices and same color
wires from PO repairs (butcherings?) that I cannot tell what the heck is
what.  I could make my own harness, but I really do not have the time to
build one from scratch

Ahhh, yes.  The "spaghetti syndrome."  DPO was probably in a hurry, didn't
want to search for the correct color wires, and didn't give rat's arse about
the PSO ("poor subsequent owner") who would end up with it.  Alas, I have
walked in your shoes my friend and it IS painful.  However, fear not, as
there are companies out there that do carry just what you need.  Good luck.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe