Re: <S1500> Main Wiring Harness..... Again

To: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net>
Subject: Re: <S1500> Main Wiring Harness..... Again
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 11:01:30 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>A while back I posted a message for a main wiring harness for my 77 Spit
>1500.  I got a few replies, but after that things seemed to have went
>dead.  I contacted TRF again,  this time a flat NO was the answer.  Any
>of you guys have any kind of main harness for a 77 Spit?  Bits? Pieces?
>Mine is so severely destroyed by POs and a wire fire that I do not have
>a clue as where to start.  There are so many splices and same color
>wires from PO repairs (butcherings?) that I cannot tell what the heck is
>what.  I could make my own harness, but I really do not have the time to
>build one from scratch, and these sunny 70 degree days here in the south
>is just too much for me to sit back and have patience with building a
>harness.  I want to enjoy my Spit this year!  If anyone has a harness in
>a shape that is not butchered, and can be repaired in short order, talk
>to me!

If you've got the time and ability to spice in pieces from other harness', I'd
say youve got the time to make your own as well.  In fact, in my experience,
making your own will save you time over trying to assemble one out of several
pieces, especially when at least one of them is all screwed up.  I've rewired
quite a number of motorcycles front to rear over the years.  It's really not a
difficult job to do.  Spitfires have a very similar harness in that it is very
basic and accessable.  I'd say get thee to a parts store for spools of various
color wires and a booklet of wire tabs, and do the job.  Start to finish will
probably take you less then a day.  Vs, several days trying to put together a
new harness from bits and pieces.