Re: Parts suppiers on the net

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested), brians@deq.state.la.us (Return requested)
Subject: Re: Parts suppiers on the net
From: Peter Mchugh <Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov>
Date: 21 Mar 1997 07:53:29 -0500
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: TRFmail@aol.com (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; 03D47333284C920F-MTAdot1]
X400-originator: Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov
X400-received: by mta MTAdot1 in /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 21 Mar 1997 07:53:29 -0500
X400-received: by /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 21 Mar 1997 07:53:29 -0500
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <03D47333284C920F*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=gov+dot/o=faa/s=Mchugh/g=Peter/@MHS>

     Note of caution regarding the invite for all suppliers to join
     Triumphs@ autox.team.net...we might get what we've asked for.

     Seems to me that the introduction of TRF to internet is a GOOD
     thing...and I have no real uneasyiness about John or Charles
     responding to some of the flames/compliments that have raged back and
     forth here...but should we be a little less enthusiastic about
     changing the complexion of this list from a sharing and giving
     exchange to an all out sales/promotional venue???  Are there other
     ways for the "majors" to interact with us all on the internet
     (Homepages, etc.)?   Would we be better to encourage all of the
     suppliers to monitor continuously and volunteer info from time to
     time...and interact vigorously with homepages...but some restraint
     might be appropriate on this list...or heaven forbid, Johnny Storm
     might not be able to get a word of English in between the ads!!!!

     Just MHO!

     PMcQ