Re: Parts suppiers on the net

To: Jane Burdekin <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>
Subject: Re: Parts suppiers on the net
From: matthews@sj.bigger.net
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 11:33:33 +1100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Amen,

Some of us out here are working with pretty limited budgets. We get all
them catalogs with all those shinny new parts, and start adding things
up, then go looking for a parts car.

This list is the best source of cheap or free parts I've found so far.
And the people I've met are tops!! Sometimes it's great to give a
little, get a little....

I'll be ordering some new parts pretty soon, and I won't bother with
Moss or TRF as they don't support my cars. Any suggestions besides
Rimmer Bros. for window & door seals?? Can I use generic items?? How
about JC Whitney??

It's great to support suppliers who belive in the hobby, but if I can
get the part I need for less I'll do it. These cars are pretty basic in
construction, so, not being a purist I'd just as soon use the grade 8
1/4 - 20 bolt from my local hardware store rather than order the
sub-casteneted, heritage approved, reproduced with no expense spared by
gnostic-gnomes bolt that costs 5 times as much and is on back-order from
England anyway.

Soap-Box mode OFF:

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 & '65 Heralds.....onabudgetmindyou!!!!!

Jane Burdekin wrote:

> Pete, I think you have a valid point here, I definately do not want this to
> become an add list.  I am quite happy with the advise of fellow lbc
> mechanics and the swapping of parts over the net.  If I want adds I will
> watch TV.  Just my .02.  Jane
>
> >     Note of caution regarding the invite for all suppliers to join
> >     Triumphs@ autox.team.net...we might get what we've asked for.
snip