TR3A idle

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3A idle
From: mwjordan@juno.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 21:58:10 EST
I recently got a 59 TR3A running after a storage period of some where
between three years (claimed) and seven to ten years (estimated)

The electrics have been replaced (new wiring harness), cooling system
checked (boiled out radiator), all hydraulics renovated (clutch took some
doing, thanks listers for the advice and counsel) and interior renovated.

It starts and runs and drives.  Have not ventured much further than
walking distance too date.

Here is the problem.  I rebuilt the carbs and the idle seems way too
fast.  The idle adjuster screws (both carbs) are at minimum settings and
the choke "lifting plates" seem to recess to the flat or fully retracted
position when the choke is pushed in fully (off).  Yet the idle stays at
about 100-1200 RPM.

Any suggestions ?

M. W. Jordan, Jr.
Greenwood, Mississippi
TR3A
Norton motorcycles, Triumph Motorcycles, Ducati single motorcycles, BSA
motorcycles