Re: Rotary Powered TR7

To: brians@deq.state.la.us
Subject: Re: Rotary Powered TR7
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 17:00:13 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

WRT Rotary TR7's, I say go for it. There was a guy in California, I
believe, that ran a rotary TR7 in SCCA Solo II, E MOD class. It was
advertised for sale for a long time in Grassroots, but that is because it
was a sorted out AutoX car, not a street machine.

The Mazda 13B will rev like crazy and it is really easy to get 175 to 200
HP out of one. They are really light and take up no space. About the
hardest part of the swap would be trying to figure out how to get the car
weight balanced.

My personal opinion is that TR7's simply beg for engine swaps of the V-6,
V-8, Rotary, Twin CAM Toyota... anything.

So, no, you are not insane. And yes, it has been done.

bye,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? A few.