Re: Rotary powered TR7

To: "Smith, Brian" <brians@deq.state.la.us>
Subject: Re: Rotary powered TR7
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 13:13:41 -0500
Cc: "'Triumph Owners Digest'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Smith, Brian wrote:

> In this months Grassroots Motorsports they are working on a rotary
> powered Spitfire.  Now I know it wouldn't be cheaper and I know I should
> rebuild the 4 in it but I was just thinking (always dangerous) about this
> swap into my 1977 TR7.  Anybody ever seen it done?  Anybody ever done it?
>  Am I TOTAL insane for even suggesting it?
>
> Brian Smith
> 1959 TR3
> 1972 Spitfire IV
> 1977 TR7 (TRX-7?)

Brian,
  Why not put a Buick 3.8L V6 in your TR7?  H*ll, if it is power you
want, why not a Buick 3.8L Turbocharged engine?  ALOT more power than a
rotary!  Besides, the Buick V6 is easier to swap in, considering it is
related to the Rover 3.5 nee Buick 215 V8, which is in a TR8.

Ron N.
Dalton, Ga
http://member.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - undergoing cajones transplant - FM66513UO
62? Vitesse/Sports 6 convertible - HB5635LCV
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!) - 1FAPP38U1NK150073