Re: Ryder/U-Haul

To: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: Re: Ryder/U-Haul
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:19:27 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>I apologize for not providing a little more detail in my posting.  The
>biggest difference is that the U-Haul has two tire tracks, open in the
>middle.  The absolute minimum vehicle track which can fit is a TR3.  There
>are ramps on the inside of the tire tracks to guide the car onto the track.
>My TR3 wheels were partially, very slightly, on this ramp.  The tracks were
>that narrow.  The ramps were not much wider.  It is a little difficult to
>make sure you stay on the trailer.  I almost dropped off the ramps while the
>PO was directing me.

Something that may help you when putting on a narrow track car is a cable come
along.  It
allows for a very very  slow installation of the car, as opposed to the rather
rapid rate
of driving the car on, even if you try to go slowly.  With the come along, you
have all
the time in the world to stare and ponder things, without risking your car
falling or the
clutch burning.