Re: new paint prep for waxing

To: Gary Oehrle <oehrle@lsil.com>
Subject: Re: new paint prep for waxing
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 01:53:40 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Gary Oehrle wrote:

> list
>
> getting ready to wax my new paint job of six months ago.
>
> while it has been coverd in the garage it has gotten dusty.
>
> Any ideas on cleaning befor I start applying wax, I do not
>
> want to use water since it will spot etc.
>
> thanks
>
> gary oehrle
>
>   -----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>    Gary Oehrle                               -----
>    LSI Logic Corporation                LSI |LOGIC|
>    1501 McCarthy Blvd.                      |     |
>    MS E-194                                  -----
>    Milpitas, CA 95035
>    Phone: (408)-954-4721 (work)  Fax: (408)-433-7720
>    email: oehrle@lsil.com         internet: oehrle@lsil.com
>    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Gary,
  Go ahead and use water, but dry using a chamise (sp?), this will
prevent any water spots.  Use a soap that is designed for washing autos
(not dish soap or anything else, too harsh!), and an extremely soft wool
rag.
  Washing cars is #3 on my list of fun things to do with (not IN, whole
'nother thread) cars, after driving (#1), and tuning up or working on
(#2).

Ron N.
Dalton, Ga
http://member.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - undergoing cajones transplant - FM66513UO
62? Vitesse/Sports 6 convertible - HB5635LCV
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!) - 1FAPP38U1NK150073