Re: Best Cars for Knocking Boots In

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Best Cars for Knocking Boots In
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 18:13:03 -0500
Paul Burr<tigerpb@ids.net> wrote:

> We borrowed the Tr3 one night, but the damn shift
> and brake levers kept getting in the way!
> Ah.. were were you in '72? Maybe this is the start of a new thread- best
> cars for knocking boots in!

Paul et al,

  Back in my more flexible days, I used my '79 Spit  for just such
occasions.  Ah, those reclining seats, sigh.  But when I borrowed my
parents Caravan one night, the seeds of my destuction were planted,
(pun intended) and now that's all the wife wants. "Honey, with a Car-
van, I can get to the back seat while we're still on the road, moving.
I can see better, farther." And "Just think of the money you'll save
from not buying TR parts. It'll practally pay for itself"   Never "They
look Cool or Sexy"... no, because they don't.
  I sold the Spitfire to help buy a house, but I can still squirrel
away enough money to slowly buy parts for the TR 250.  Which dosen't
have reclining seats (so I can't get in trouble). And still looks cool
AND sexy...

                                       JOE IV
                         Sexy and Cool TR 250 in Restoration
              Happily Married in WALLINGFORD, CT. USA