6AN to HS6 connection

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 6AN to HS6 connection
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:57:42 -0600 (CST)
Cc: Triumph Cars List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
        I've gone and done it... I've gone and put an electric fuel pump
        in my TR4. Apart from chasing down the minor leaks, things seem
        to be fuctioning properly. The plumbing goes something like this,
        I've used 5/16" steel line from the tank to a monstrous Fram
        fuel filter. From there, Steel line to the pump (a Walbro
        reciprocating pumpthat was the back up pump for my friend's 240Z
        racer [he never used it]). Again I've used steel line up to the left
        side of the engine compartment. There, I've adapted to 6AN Airequip
        line with the nifty fittings across the back of the engine room to a
        Holley pressure regulator.

        The Holley has two outlets one goes to the front carb through a
        fitting with a pressure gauge. the other outlet goes to the back carb.

        THE FLY IN THE OINTMENT: I'm using 6AN line up to the carbs to
        screw-type hose clamps which are having a hard time squinching the
        hose small enough to give a good seal on my HS6 carb inlet tubes (I
        actually broke a clamp...

        Okay, go ahead and laugh THEN tell me how to fix this... Short of
        undoing all my work, and getting Delorto or Weber carbs.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois