Re: 6AN to HS6 connection

To: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: 6AN to HS6 connection
From: Tom Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:41:34 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 11:57 AM 3/17/97 -0600, you wrote:

>       I've gone and done it... I've gone and put an electric fuel pump
>       in my TR4. Apart from chasing down the minor leaks, things seem
>       to be fuctioning properly. The plumbing goes something like this,
>       I've used 5/16" steel line from the tank to a monstrous Fram
>       Snip....

At the local NAPA, Kragen, etc.  you can find barbarbed brass adapters that
change the diameter of the hose connection.   One side will be 1/4" say and
the other 5/16th's.    They you can use a couple of short fuel hose segments
and clamps to tie everything togeather.

Too much plumbing you say?    Then you could solder a larger bit of brass
tubing onto the fitting at the carb.

Don't want to solder on your carb's with all that gas around?   Then you
could nest a bit of rubber fuel line "inside" the existing fuel line to
reduce its internal diameter.   You would have to visit the parts shop to
select the correct type and sizes of hose to make this work, but it would work.

Thomas Howard
LUSD, (619) 390-2627
('72 Triumph GT-6; and a good bit of USA iron)