Spitfire Top snaps

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Top snaps
From: Isaac Crow <Isaac@Avana.Net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 13:03:26 -0500
List,

I got a new convertible top, and I have decided to give it a go
installing it myself. It looks easy to do, really. What I need is some
advice. The DPO moved a couple of the snaps on the body when they pulled
out of the metal or broke off. One of these areas was the passenger side
snap located on the chrome finisher immediately next to the door jamb.
Anybody have and extra one of these finishers? The existing one has a
couple of holes in it, one of them being where the original snap was
installed. My parts car lacks a good one as well.

How best can I fill in and redrill the original snap location? I was
thinking of brazing them closed (getting ready to paint soon anyway).

What size rivets do I need to hold the snaps to the body, and what size
hole should I drill?  This information seems hard to come by, and I
don't want to experiment!

Thanks for any input,

Isaac Crow
'71 Spitfire