Spitfire Purchase

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Purchase
From: transerv@sprynet.com
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:20:17 -0800
Folks,

I can't seem to find the time to work on the TR4, so of course the best
solution
would just be to buy another Triumph...right?

I found what is supposed to be a running 79 Spitfire.  Has soft and hard tops,
solenoid problem, burgandy repaint, reupholstery by lowrider inc. (velvet?)and
both door handles are missing.

I'll revisit the VTR buying guide, and look it over better tomorrow in full
daylight, but it looks fairly firm...has a little bondo on the middle front of
the hood,,er bonnet...thing in front that has the fenders (wings?) attached.

Please advise, he is asking $1600 or best offer..

If, it's local it shouldn't have a rust problem, being the desert SW around
here.

BIG QUESTION..is there anything to be done about the ugly rubber bumpers?  How
do these look with the bumpers simply removed?  Will older model bumpers fit?
Is anyone out there old enough to remember nerf bars?  Are those available
anywhere?

If possible, please respond direct, or copy me when responding to the list, as
am on the digest and may have to buy this beast Saturday if it runs well.

Robert Houston
63TR4  11+ year restoration project.

transerv@sprynet.com