John Kipping, TRF and the Internet

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: John Kipping, TRF and the Internet
From: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:52:29 -0500
While many of us celebrate TRF's arrival on the net, those of us with
narrow-chassis Triumphs have equally good reason to celebrate John
Kipping's. It's been a good week!

As to TRF, after having been treated somewhat rudely a couple of times
in the past on mentioning "it's for a Herald", (as in, 'We don't support
the Herald, so I'm not even going to key in the number for you'), last
week I called to inquire about a part for my gearbox, having struck out
everywhere else I could think of. TRF had 4 pieces of NOS! The salesman
apparently needed permission to sell from such a small NOS inventory, to
make sure there would be samples left should they decide to
remanufacture the part. He got the permission and called me back, we did
the deal, and on Tuesday the part arrived, still in the STANPART box it
was packed in 35 years ago. Thank you!

It's been a _very_ good week.

Bill Kelly