RE: Overdrive Swapping

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Overdrive Swapping
From: Greg Tobin <GTOBIN@astea.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:11:37 -0700

  Thanks everyone for the responses.  It seems to be a straightforward
procedure, and a heck of a lot cheaper than a Type-D unit.

 The way I'll probably end up doing it is using the 1500
flywheel/clutch/plate gearbox-overdrive, and depending on the
measurements, depends which driveshaft.

  Then I can actually go above 70mph!

 Another question:
   I am going to change the exhaust, and was going to fit a Supertrapp
muffler to it.  Has anyone had good luck with this kind of muffler? At
7000 foot elevation, and the tiny 1300 motor, it has such little power
anyway, every 1 horsepower increase make a huge difference.    I tried a
Monza (Pacesetter now) exhaust a while back, and it opened the throttle
response a bit, but fit horribly.
If i get the Supertrapp, I'll use stock pipe. (which fits!)
Other than the looks of the muffler, which will match the rollbar and
5-point harness, anything bad about them?

 Greg Tobin
 79 Spitfire 1500 -10 years and 60K miles
 72 Mark IV 10 months and 8K miles