Spin on Oil Filter & Surrogate Buyer Net

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spin on Oil Filter & Surrogate Buyer Net
From: triumph72@juno.com (Steven C Wilson)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 22:25:33 EST
1.  Installed spin on adapter/filter to my '72 TR6; with a little (<5
degrees) tilt towards rear of car, I easily remove oil filter. BTW , I
use FRAM 3600 or WIX  51516; LOVE the WIX!!! Reputed to do the best job
and I feel it does! Deutsch okay in a pinch.  Now about the fuel filter
interference, why?  I added a few extra inches of fuel line to either
side of fuel filter and can remove/install fuel filter with no problem.
FWIW  I use Fram G-2 fuel filter prior to fuel pump and nice little glass
one (name slips at the moment, Guiness Stout?) just prior to carbs; both
very easy to change.   $0.02
2.  On the 6-PACK Surrogate buyer network: I only list a guy in LA, no
one in  the SF/Oakland area.  Best of luck.  Any volunteers to view the
car for Chet?  All it takes is a bit of time, a good drive for your LBC
and knowing the weaknesses/idiosynchracies of the car.  Understand, you
are not buying the car but have to present  your best objective
ideas/opinions to the intended buyer; photos help; sunnyu days too!
Later...
                    Yours in Triumphs,   Steve Wilson
ps  Been to Korea, Chet.  I really liked it.  I traveled around a lot
helping the ROK maritime guys.  Try the bus ride to Dong Hae from Seoul:
winding thru mountains our Triumphs would love!  The island of Cheju Do
is very good, too!  Touristy in a slow style and quaint.  Go out of your
way to the local inns and restaurants; try the Korean style room:
elevated and heated floors, sleep on very comfortable pads.  Eat the
local food and stay AWAY from SOJU!!!!!  High alcohol content (rice base)
enough to fuel our TR and more; no need for fuel filter it's so pure!
Enjoy yourself.   Alias: Hawkeye