RE: Flywheel Ring Replacement

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Flywheel Ring Replacement
From: wlwynn@ibm.net
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 22:30:48 -0800
Thanks to all of you who responded to my question.

This was the easiest transmission pull I have done since my '58 FIAT.
Two and a half hours after start, I had the flywheel in hand.  The ring
gear looked new, but had been installed backwards.  I planned to follow
the suggestions of several of you and heat the ring gear in the oven.
My wife caught me on the way to the kitchen and suggested I find some
other place to put the ring gear.  My fall back procedure was to turn my
Bar-B-Que grill on high, put the ring gear on the grill and close the
cover. Twenty minutes later I took the ring gear to the flywheel and it
went on with no problem.  It also cleaned my grill.  Everything is back
together, including a new clutch, and is working fine.

I have another question, I have seen several entries discussing flushing
the engine.  The TR6 that I have just acquired has only been run once in
the last four years before I got it.  After cleaning the fuel system, it
runs great, but I don't think I am getting the oil flow I should have to
the rocker assembly.  The oil pressure seems ok.

Thanks,
Bill Wynn
Jacksonville, Fla
TR6 CC55589E