Re: Spin on Oil Filter & Surrogate Buyer Net

To: Steven C Wilson <triumph72@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Spin on Oil Filter & Surrogate Buyer Net
From: maxx@cybermax.net
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 23:22:08 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Steven C Wilson wrote:

> 1.  Installed spin on adapter/filter to my '72 TR6; with a little (<5
> degrees) tilt towards rear of car, I easily remove oil filter. BTW , I
> use FRAM 3600 or WIX  51516; LOVE the WIX!!!

I was in the Auto Parts biz back in NJ and had an opportunity to see a
cutaway display of a Wix, Purolator, Fram & AC and the difference was
amazing.  The Wix "can" is a much heavier gauge metal, all of the
flanges and inner assemblies were welded instead of crimped, it had much
more filtering media, had a real metal coil pressure relief spring
instead of the stamped metal butterfly assembly the others had...  It
was just a much heavier duty piece.  Pick one up and you'll notice the
weight.  Wix is from a heavy equipment and semi truck background, and
their engineering shows it.

I can't seem to find them here in north Florida...   Anybody know of a
source?

Thanks!

John