Re: The Roadster Factory

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov, lseidman@erols.com
Subject: Re: The Roadster Factory
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 18:59:36 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, TRFmail@aol.com
In a message dated 97-03-04 15:11:30 EST, amace@unix2.nysed.gov (Andrew Mace)
writes:

>> I for one would like to know when it is time to bash or hear from Vicky
>> Brit, Moss, British Parts Connection, TS Imports or any other
>> supplier/vendor used by people on this list. If we bash one supplier it
>> should be open season for all. Bring on the the other vendors, bring out
>> all the dirty laundry, lets clean house. Maybe the suppliers will start
>> telling stories about there favorite pain in the ass customers for us
>> all to read. Come on list I'm sure you all can do it.
>>
>> Lenny Seidman

Though this was said sarcastically, I agree with it.  If Moss or Vickey start
screwing up, or selling inferior product, or are going bankrupt, I want to
Know about it before I send them my hard earned money.  That is the value of
this list, and a legitimate use of it.  If Lenny or Andy don't want to read
it, well that's what the delete button is for.  Andy posts on this list more
than anyone.  I don't appreciate all of his posts, (though many I do) and I
don't appreciate him or Lenny telling me what is appropriate for me to post.

>It seems to me that some folks have missed two important points throughout
>this discussion:
>
>1. When you get a bad box of cereal at the local supermarket, do you first
>a:  talk to the store manager and explain the situation, or b: call
>Geraldo and see if he can develop a theme show around this terrible
>injustice done to you?

If you read my original post, you will recall that I said I had written to CR
and  got no reply.  If I constantly get spoiled food from my grocer, you can
bet I'll tell my neighbors about it, so that they can make an informed
decision about where to shop.  Especially after I had complained to the
grocer again and again with no response.

>production, the very newest of which has been gone from the market for
>about 15 years or so. In many cases (wet-sleeve, Vanguard-based TR four
>cylinder engines), we're talking about stuff that has been out of
>production for 30-35 years. Yet most or all of the major suppliers can
>send you from stock just about everything you need, requiring little more
>than a few minutes of your time on the telephone and whatever energy is
>expended extracting the charge card from your wallet. How often can you do
>that with your newer, daily transportation?

I agree.  No one has disputed this.  What we are talking about is why should
we buy exclusively from TRF, or pay a little more to TRF out of loyalty, when
they don't deserve it anymore.  There are other suppliers who appear to be
working harder for our business.