RE: Tires????

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Barry Schwartz'" <Bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: RE: Tires????
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <gsmith@cvn.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 20:59:01 -0500
My TR7 uses 185-70-13 tires stock on 13x5.5" rims. You can safely go up to
205-60-13 on those rims: steel & factory alloys are the same diameters.
My Prelude uses 185-70-13 tires stock on 13x5" rims. So I think you could go to
185 on a 5" rim fine (since a factory did it for thousands of cars) and Maybe
chance it on a 4.5" rim. *I* wouldn't try it on a 4" rim, though.
Greg Smith
1980 Triumph TR7 Convertible: 30th Anniversary Edition
1980 Triumph TR7 Spider Convertible: Undergoing major unibody-up restoration &
improvements
1986 Honda Prelude Si (new to me!) : Daily driver
Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
               -- Hosting the 1997 VTR Regionals!