Re: TR3 still overheating

To: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com (Kinderlehrer's), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 still overheating
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 17:40:55 -0800
At  3:42 PM 3/1/97 -0500, Kinderlehrer's wrote:
>Thankyou all for the advice on thermostats-  I didn't start this thread,
>but I sure benefitted from it.
> It behved
>considerabley better, but after a while, it did start to climb back up to
>190-200 range while waiting to make a left turn, and when I pulled into my
>driveway soon after and turned it off, coolant was dripping out of the
>overflow. So, I am not quite there yet.
>
>Any thoughts on the next steps?

- Check your radiator cap.  The TR3's radiator neck is a little longer then
standard.  If you do not have a the correct cap, it will not seal.  You
will lose water & overheat.  Moss and TRF both carry the correct cap.

- You should havea baffle around the front od your radiator.

- It your timing is off you can run hot

- Are your radiator fins clean and not smashed?

- When is the last time you flushed the cooling system?