Re: Fuel smell in trunk

To: dpruzan@nearinc.com
Subject: Re: Fuel smell in trunk
From: cwnicholls@juno.com (Clark W Nicholls)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 21:37:31 PST
Cc: stag@mailgate.wizvax.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
I had this problem several years ago, ended up with a puddle in the
trunk!  I don't remember exactly, but it seems a gasket had dried up or
shrunk and caused a slight leak.  You'll need to remove the pump to
examine it closely as it isn't all visible as mounted...  Make sure you
remove the spare tire as that's where the fuel will accumulate.  The
vapors may be venting in the area of the pump.

I don't remember the fix as being very significant, perhaps a bit of new
rubber fuel line which I always have around.  Let us know what you
discover, it may wake my brain cells!

Clark