Re: Amphicars on film

To: Daren Allder <dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Amphicars on film
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 10:03:00 +0500 (EST)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Daren Allder wrote:

> I imagine Herald films are fairly thin on the ground  (unless you know
> better Mr Mace)

Ack!?! MR. MACE is it? (I still have a hard time adjusting to being Mr.
Mace to anyone, even at 43 years of age. Grand, Exalted, Heraldic
Majesty perhaps, but Mr. Mace?) ;-)

Anyway, Daren, I think you're right. There have been notable appearances
by Vitesses -- "Day for Night" and "Four Weddings and a Funeral" are two
that leap to mind (ouch!)

The only Herald I remember offhand on film was a brief glimpse of one in
some Driver Education film back in high school, probably in the same film
where the narrator/star/anal-retentive driver-ed type guy at one point
derisively comments about "those Hot Dogs" driving by in a Bugeye Sprite!

Of course, there have been more verbal mentions of Heralds over the
years, as evidenced below....

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *