Re: Fuel smell in trunk

To: "Daniel Pruzan" <dpruzan@nearinc.com>, <stag@mailgate.wizvax.net>, "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel smell in trunk
From: John Matthews <matthews@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 96 17:50:04 -0800
>Hello to All,
>
>I have been getting a light smell of fuel in the trunk of my Stag.  In
>this car the fuel tank is under the carboard trunk floor and the electric
>fuel pump is mounted along the right side of the trunk.  The odor seems
>to be coming more from the fuel pump.  There doesn't appear to be any
>leaks, cracked hoses, or holes in the tank that I can see.  Does anyone
>have any experience with this?  Any ideas are welcome.
>
>Tried
>Repairing
>Implementing
>Unsuccessful
>Methods
>Pursuing
>Help
>
>Dan Pruzan
>71 Stag
>Santa Clara, CA

Dan,

My girlfriend complained about the fuel smell in my Herald for weeks
before I finally decided to do something about it. Turned out my tank was
leaking at one of the seams. Hope this isn't your problem. Lucky for me I
just happened to have another one to put in ;-). Good Luck!!
BTW, Are you the guy I spoke with at British Motorsport a few months ago?

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 & '65 Heralds
Cupertino, CA USA