Re: Leaning Spitfire

To: hbui@richter.net
Subject: Re: Leaning Spitfire
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:02:40 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< I have a '78 Spit 1500 that is about 1-1.5 inches lower on the driver side
in
 the back than on the passenger side.  My mechanic told me the reason is a
 missing bushing in the trunion.  Anybody familiar with the cause of and/or
 remedy for this problem ? >>
Huy,

Could be. Has anyone actually looked? Or, maybe the transverse spring is just
tired. Take the spring out and turn it end-for-end. Check all the bushings
for any wear. When the car comes down off the jack stands, roll the car
forwards and backwards a few feet to settle the swing axles. If the car still
sags (don't sit in it 'till you check), something on the frame could be bent.
Has it always sagged or has it just started?

Charlie B.