Master Cylinder Cap Gaskets

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Master Cylinder Cap Gaskets
From: cwnicholls@juno.com (Clark W Nicholls)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 23:15:21 PST
Anyone have thoughts as to replacement master cylinder cap gaskets?  My
74 Spitfire master brake cylinder cover gasket has started to, how shall
I say, delaminate.  It's shedding layers.  My spare master is exibiting
the same and so I am searching for a new one.

Is there a supplier of replacements?  Perhaps the folks that rebuild
them, such as Apple Hydraulics??  Is this a normal Girling part?  I know
the masters are not available and in decades gone bye you could buy the
resevoir with cover and gasket, but that's a bit expensive just to get the
gasket...

Should I make my own?  What should I use...

Thanks in advance!

Clark

P.S.
Does $2 per 12oz bottle of Castrol Girling LMA brake fluid sound like a
good deal (plus shipping...)?