Re: Gas coming out and Carb Sputtering

To: jstovall@earthlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas coming out and Carb Sputtering
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 15:33:13 -0500
Check out your chokes.  Since they are really cold start valves, and not real
chokes, the valves or gaskets may be allowing profuse quantities of fuel into
the carb ventrui despite the position of the actuating lever and cable.
 Never trust a cold start valve style choke.

BTW, as a precautionary move for smog checks, I have the automatic choke
(cold start valve), on my 79 Spit internally fixed into a defeated (closed)
position to absolutely prevent any unwanted fuel from entereing the carb
venturi and messing up the smog readings.  Car wont start easy, but that's a
different problem. (Solved by reinstalling a "real" carb after passing).  To
hell with ZS CD150's.  I hate 'em.  Designed to wear out early and fail
frequently.

Good luck.

Brian