The Bomb revs by itself!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: The Bomb revs by itself!
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 11:15:40 -0800 (PST)
Hey,
        This one gave me a good scare...I'll start the car up and it'll
catch and run for a second at about a thousand revs before losing several
hundred revs. After this drop, it'll pick back up and do it again. This
will happen several times before the car will finally die. There's fuel
getting to the fuel pump (I can see through the glass bowl-it looks like a
little more than should be there), fuel is getting to the carbs (the fuel
filter in front of the carbs is clear-looks like extra gas in there as
well), and the floats in the carbs are perfect. I've gotten out and looked
at it while it would rev by itslef and the gas flow wasn't fluctuating at
all. This is kinda fustrating. I think it's something in the carbs, but I
don't know what...help....

Good luck everyone and thanks!

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net