Re: Float level

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Float level
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 16:13:06 -0500 (EST)
Jeff,

        I don't beleive there's a magic number. I've trying to get my float
levels
at the "correct" hieght for about a year and it resulted in gas out the
carbs, no
gas at all, or the inability to control the mixture. This afternoon, I didn't
use my calibrated "15-18 mm" measuring rod and set my float height at "some
distance that I thought was reasonable". It worked! Great response now - no
sputtering, even seemingly increased HP. Well, I've only been in the LBC arena
for a short time, but maybe this mechanic stuff is all experience and no exact
recipe can be given. Jusy my opinion.

                        Jeff N.
'71 TR6