Re: Carspotting

To: Nickbk@aol.com
Subject: Re: Carspotting
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 20:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Fellow Scions-
>
>Where I live, your ride is not fully accesorized unless it has the gun rack,
>the 32" flotation tires and the chrome running boards... So, it was with
>great excitement that I saw a car on the road I couldn't identify. Looked
>like an XKE 2+2 with a back end like a Ferrari 330, and the front off of a
>Ferrari 250. After a spirited amount of driving on my part (the other driver
>probably never knew I was trying to catch up to him), I found the car in a
>parking lot. Turns out to be an Apollo. My memory is a little dim on them,
>but as I recall it had an aluminum body (Scaglietti (sp)?) on a GM frame with
>a Buick V8. Anyone have more thoughts on this one ?
>Sure was pretty. Red (of course) paint, big Jaeger gauges and a pretty good
>interior. Can't imagine where it came from as it just isn't the type of car
>people around here covet. In fact there probably aren't 5 people in the whole
>county who would have ever heard of the car.
>
>Floored in Nor Cal
>    Nick

Nick,
        An Apollo? Wow. They are pretty. Heavy suckers, though. I think
that's because of the GM frame. If I remeber correctly, there are a couple
sitting in a warehouse somewhere here in Alabama named Zip City. You think
I'm kidding, that's really the name of the city! My Dad and I are going to
plan a trip there soon, and check out the stuff. Apparantly, they also have
a crap-load of Triumph stuff. Your post jogged my memory on this. Anyway, I
hope someone can get a hold of those Apollos there in Zip City. Be a shame
if they wasted away. I'd try to, but money, time, and space severly prevent
this. Just my tow cents.

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."