Carspotting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, British-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Carspotting
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 21:02:44 -0400
Fellow Scions-

Where I live, your ride is not fully accesorized unless it has the gun rack,
the 32" flotation tires and the chrome running boards... So, it was with
great excitement that I saw a car on the road I couldn't identify. Looked
like an XKE 2+2 with a back end like a Ferrari 330, and the front off of a
Ferrari 250. After a spirited amount of driving on my part (the other driver
probably never knew I was trying to catch up to him), I found the car in a
parking lot. Turns out to be an Apollo. My memory is a little dim on them,
but as I recall it had an aluminum body (Scaglietti (sp)?) on a GM frame with
a Buick V8. Anyone have more thoughts on this one ?
Sure was pretty. Red (of course) paint, big Jaeger gauges and a pretty good
interior. Can't imagine where it came from as it just isn't the type of car
people around here covet. In fact there probably aren't 5 people in the whole
county who would have ever heard of the car.

Floored in Nor Cal
    Nick