TR-6 muffler

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 muffler
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 20:47:27 -0800
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8463872531ssutton@mail.ridgecrest.ca.us>
Posted-date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 20:52:01 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings fellow listers:

    Looks like I need to replace the muffler on my just restored 74 TR-6, I
guess I should have replaced it when I had the body off, but it seemed ok,
although it now appears to have a plugged or collapsed baffle.

   Anyway, has anyone used the stock replacement muffler available from TRF
(NOT the stainless steel version)?  Does it have the nice throaty sound our
TR's are supposed to have?  I noticed at Triumphfest some cars sounded *right*
where others sounded *choked*; both appeared to have stock looking exhaust (no
Monza's).  Since I live in the desert, the mild steel exhaust systems last for
years and years;  that's why I'm not looking at the stainless steel variety.

Thanks!

Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6
ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us