'74 TR6 Brakes

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '74 TR6 Brakes
From: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <74106.1335@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 25 Oct 96 14:31:13 EDT
>Here recently the braking is not consistant.  I have brakes but
>after a long drive they seem to be weak and I have push hard on the
>peddle.  If I pump them they are back to normal.

Could your brake vacuum servo booster (the big, black cannister that
the M/C bolts to) be going bad? When it does, it usually results in a
*very* hard brake pedal - almost to the point that it seems you're
pressing on a brick and nothing is moving. I'm not sure how to tell
you to decide whether it is / isn't your problem, but it's also interesting
to note that your car can start to run strangely when the servo goes (on
my car the engine idle speed increased). If the servo is bad you might
also notice a giant sucking sound whenever you press the brake pedal.

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com