BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Jack Brooks <brooks@belcote

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Jack Brooks <brooks@belcotech.com>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 12:01:54 -0600
     Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 07:58:39 -0400
     From: Jack Brooks <brooks@belcotech.com>
     Subject: Trailers

Some time ago we ran a thread about transporting LBC's on trailers. I
recently purchased my TR3-A and brought it home on a U-Haul trailer.  The
U-Haul trailer is a twin rail trailer, one rail for each side, with the
center open.  It was an exceptionally tight fit, as the track width on our
LBC's is very short compared to the minimum width of the trailer.  My PO was
directing me and I almost dropped the car off the ramps, as alignment must
be almost perfect to get on the trailer.

We moved the trailer to a downhill to make maneuvering onto the trailer
easier, and I got out every one to two feet traveled up the ramps to check
it myself.  The car does fit but it is tight.

The very next day I noticed a Ryder trailer.  It had a full width ramp and
bed, so you could just drive the car on.  I would strongly suggest, if you
rent a trailer to transport your LBC, look for a full width one.  My heart
is still pounding from seeing the car I purchased one hour earlier, nearly
off the ramps.

TS69032L
JIBrooks@Juno.com