Re: Triumph: Records 45 rpm

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, krisc@pi.bns.com.au (Kris Cotton)
Subject: Re: Triumph: Records 45 rpm
From: keith.bennett@bbc.co.uk (Keith Bennett)
Date: 25 Oct 96 15:10:28 GMT
>Does anyone have a lead on the Promo records put out at the launch of
the
>Triumph Heralds 1995 it apparently features music from the Heralds
unveiling

You mean 1959!

There is  a copy of this record in our club's library, it doesn't include
any material from the Albert Hall launch though, it's basically a
training record for Standard Triumph agents to help them to extoll the
many virtues of Herald ownership to  potential customers. It's intended
to be used with a chart to illustrate it  which we haven't got
(unfortunately).
It certainly is a wonderful recording, one of the high points of the
British record industry without a doubt, describing as it does the
'exhilarating' performance of the 948 Herald coupe, the amazing strength
of the 'steel girder' chassis and even describes the benefits of the lead
indium bearings in the engine!
I did hear of a copy coming up for sale a couple of years ago in the
midlands but I can't remember the details.

>Ps I believe there is one for Trs as well put out by the European tr
group?

I know nothing!

Cheers,

Keith Bennett                                Keith.Bennett@bbc.co.uk