RE: To dip or not to dip? (zinc plating)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: To dip or not to dip? (zinc plating)
From: PiJay@t-online.de (Peter Juergens)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 96 08:43 +0100
Dear Solers!

Hi Rich,

Are you shure , you talking about galvanising ???

Because most of the frames will (sorry german term straight translated)be
"fire zinc plated". That'll mean nothing else than dip the frame into a hot, I
think 300-500C°, zinc bath. (I did that with my TR4 frame)

Galvanising bathes I know, are not for such large parts, .... (IMHO)

Anyway, if you really meant galvanising, I've learnt again! :)

If someone is interested in my experiences with "hot bath zinc plating" (whats
the right term here??), I could wright a small letter about it!

BFN
      Pete

Peter Juergens
Dortmund/Germany