RE: To dip or not to dip? (zinc plating)

To: PiJay@t-online.de, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: To dip or not to dip? (zinc plating)
From: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 9:44:13 -0500
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=MOT/A=MOT/C=US/ ; m\il02n\961025094413e ]
Pete,
   I am sure there is could be a language as well as a process difference.
Galvanizings is a zinc coating also. Rather than type my fingers off a quick
search on the web turned up lots of information. Just a couple of quick ones:

www.metalplate.com (A galvanizing company with multiple plants USA)
usalink.net/aga    (American Galvanizers Association)
Regards,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L

>From: PiJay@t-online.de@INTERNET on Fri, Oct 25, 1996 4:44 AM
>Hi Rich,
>Are you shure , you talking about galvanising ???
>Because most of the frames will (sorry german term straight >translated)be
"fire zinc plated". That'll mean nothing else than dip the >frame into a hot,
 I  think 300-500C, zinc bath. (I did that with my TR4 >frame) Galvanising
bathes I know, are not for such large parts, .... >(IMHO) Anyway, if you
really meant galvanising, I've learnt again! :)