Re: TR6 throttle link bushings (was: Bodyshell restoration -

To: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>, <TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com>, "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 throttle link bushings (was: Bodyshell restoration -
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 22:38:40 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Is there a trick to removing that little pin in the linkage?  I've looked
at one for two months and can't figure it out.  I suppose it could be
driven out, but it will take an awfully small punch and what to you have to
pound against?

----------
<DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>

_________________________________
> Subject: TR6 throttle link bushings (was: Bodyshell restoration - TR6
> Author:  "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
at
> smtpgate
> Date:    10/23/96 10:03 AM
>

> >I am reinstalling the accelerator pedal and linkage and am attempting to

> >reinstall the two nylon bearings that are located on the "sides" of the
> >bulkhead.
>
> While I have heard that the firewall was built around these things, I
> suppose that new ones can actually be installed.  Everyone I have talked
> about this has split those bushings and then rotated them into place with

> plenty of vaseline, etc.  I think one of the best ideas I heard was to
heat
> them in boiling water to soften them slightly, then try to get them in
> place before they cool.  I recall Scott Paisley simply used 3/8" vacuum
> hose lubricated with a silicon grease.
>
>  Lee M. Daniels                 Laboratory for Molecular Structure and
Bonding
>  daniels@tamu.edu                                         Texas A&M
University