Junkyard Weber Options?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Junkyard Weber Options?
From: tomstory@slip.net (Tomstory)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 23:22:40 -0700
I'm thinking about replacing the dual SU's in my Spit with a single Weber.
Any ideas of other card that used this carb that share roughly the same
displacement as a 1500 Spit engine? ALternatively, anyone have one for sale
or swap for a set of SU's?

        Before I get too into this, do people have opinions(?!) regarding
the use of a Weber or such as opposed to the SU's? Gas mileage,
performance?

That's all! Thanks in advance...Oh there's a chance my wife and I might be
moving to Europe soon...can start thinking about getting a remanufactured
bonnet for my 67 Spit!  Yea!

Tom Story

1967 Spit MkII (Sylvester)
1970 GT6+ (in pieces)
1977 VW Westfalia (Petey)

"So you're going to take us for a ride eh?"
"Yeah, come on"
"Well I don't have a sister!"
"That's ok we no gotta car!"