Master Cylinder (Brake)

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Master Cylinder (Brake)
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 00:03:00 -0600
Encoding: 21 TEXT
After receiving replaies from a number of listers suggesting the brake bleeding
problems I was having could be due to a faulty master cylider, I took the thing
apart this weekend and found the following:

The umbrella seal (the one which sits on the "rear" piston, the long skinny
one) seems to give a nice tight fit. The front seal (the one which sits on the
shorter, more stubby piston at the front of the MC) doesn't seem to provide any
seal whatsoever, at least not at the end of the MC close to the opening. (I
assume the MC bore is the same diameter throught its entire "working"
length???)

All parts came from a new rebuild kit. Does it sound like I have a bad front
seal? I would assume the front seal should provide the same tight fit as the
rear one.

As always, thanks for the info.

Peter Zaborski, Calgary AB Canada
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)