Re: Fuel in the TR3..Oh NO!

To: twakeman@scruznet.com
Subject: Re: Fuel in the TR3..Oh NO!
From: jibrooks@juno.com (Jack I Brooks)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 23:06:50 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
TeriAnn,

I have a little experience with braided stainless steel lines I used as
oil lines on my Norton motorcycle (higher pressure 60-90 psi, move
viscious fluid).  Hose clamps by themselves would not compress the
teflon(?) liner inside the braid.  I used barbed fittings with wire type
hose clamps to clamp between the ridges on the barbed fittings.  That
worked.  I don't believe you will get enough even pressure on the outside
of the braid with a hose clamp to eliminate the leak.  Check with you
local hydraulic supplier for the correct fittings; you may want to skip
the steel braid in your fuel line.  Please keep me informed, as I like
the idea of SS Braid for fuel lines; I am just apprehensive about being
able to do it cost effectively.

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, New Jersey
1960 TR3-A T69032L