TR6: Horn Problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6: Horn Problem
From: Don Guthrie <don.guthrie@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 15:29:05 +1300
Summer's nearly here (New Zealand) and I've nearly got my winter project
('74 TR6 PI) into a warrantable state, but... the twin horns don't work.

Symptoms are:

When I press the horn button the relay clicks and there's also a click from
the horns themselves (this click isn't loud enough to scare anyone).

A circuit tester shows that there is current between the relay and the horns
when the horn button is pushed.

My Haynes manual is pathetically short on this subject - anyone got any
ideas? Any suggestions on tests to isolate the problem?

Cheers,
Don Guthrie
'74 TR6 PI