Re: GT6 originality

To: "J. Stovall" <jstovall@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 originality
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 14:09:19 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 20 Oct 1996, J. Stovall wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>         Real quick: didn't the comission #s for GT6s go some funny way?
> i.e. If something said "Fits GT6 mk1 up to KC50000," and my # is KC6534,
> would the item in question fit my car?

Yes, it would. This is another way of saying that whatever part fits all
Mk.1 GT6s (swing axles, low front bumper, etc.), or that it fits all
pre-1969 (Mk.2 or +) models.

As most vendors advise, whenever you're talking about "fitment"
questions, it's always a good idea to go by commission number (or engine,
transmission or differential number for spares for those components).
This will go a long way towards sorting through confusion that may be
brought about by PO parts switching/updating or backdating of parts. It's
not foolproof, but it will save most headaches.

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *