re: Subject: Spitfire 1500 rev counter

To: lmdpth@lmd.ericsson.se, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Subject: Spitfire 1500 rev counter
From: cwnicholls@juno.com (Clark W Nicholls)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 08:41:02 PST
Peter

I prefer the MkIII Delco distributor (also used on all previous
Sptifires) with its vacuum advance, etc over any Lucas unit..  The
vernier adjuster for manually adjusting advance is really nice!  I'd
reccomend Sorrensen Blue Streak points, well made and accurate.  The
Vacuum advance units are hard to come by if your's breaks the diaphram
however.  It you go to solid state ignition, I've had wonderful results
with the Crane/Allison system.

It's true the 73-74  Delco distributors (same points, cap and rotor) have
the tach drive, th Spitfire 1500 switched to the Lucas distributor in 75
with the nightmare ignition system.

Clark