Re: Wire Wheels, 155 Tires, Bruce's TR7

To: kedwards@norfolk.infi.net, Silikal@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels, 155 Tires, Bruce's TR7
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 16:07:07 -0400
Cc: twakeman@scruznet.com, Keith.Bennett@bbc.co.uk
The below message was written in early Sept. in answer to Keith Edward's
quoted passage.  Well, folks I went home to Florida this weekend and found
one of the articles I mentioned in the thread which Terriann and I got into
in August.  For those of you who don't remember -- it concerned how tightly
wire wheels should be "knocked on" when being installed.  Terriann and others
said, in effect, "knock the hell out of them."  I said "No" and then went on
to talk about how the wheels will tighten up by themselves if installed with
only a few knocks.  OK -- get ready, my next message will quote the article
(one of the articles which I used when I was researching to buy my new
wires). The article is from Number 51 (1992), p.1005, of  "The Vintage
Triumph".  This is the magazine of the Vintage Triumph Register (VTR) to
which many of us belong.  It will take a while for me to cull the necessary
details and put them into a message.

In a message dated 96-08-24 21:12:13 EDT, kedwards@norfolk.infi.net (Keith A.