Re: TR6 caliper pistons?

To: "Michael Noerregaard" <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 caliper pistons?
From: "Mike Guntner" <mikeg@axess.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 12:25:41 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Michael,

I had the same problems when I purchased my TR6 in May this year.

I found that buying a rebuilt set off my local Triumph garage ($60/ea.) was
a better cost savings. However, if I were to change my pistons, I would go
with S/S. I also rebuilt my master brake cylinder and checked my rear brake
pads at the same time. It's a good idea so to inspect and know that 100% of
your braking system is up to snuff. If your going to have to bleed your
brakes it is worth going the distance.

I was told (how much of this is true?) that American rubber is a different
compound then British, and if your buying a kit with british seals you
should go with british brake fluid as it stands up better. I now use
Lockheed brake fluid.

Just my two cents worth.

Mike Guntner
'71 TR6