New TR-3 Owner - Thanks for all the help

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New TR-3 Owner - Thanks for all the help
From: jibrooks@juno.com (Jack I Brooks)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 23:08:45 EDT
Hello list,

I finally found and purchased a 1960, TR-3A.  Brought it home today,
Saturday, with a trailer, although I thought I might need an Ark.  The
PO, while apparently not automotively gifted, like the members of this
list, did have a seemingly competent, former Jaguar mechanic, performing
regular maintenance.  The car is very complete,  with only one small area
of surface rust.  The PO even had packages of leftover parts from a
carburetor rebuild kit, purchased and installed by the mechanic.  Yea, I
know, leftover parts?

It does have wire wheels, so all that ruckus I started several months ago
about the conversion and subsequent installation and removal of wire
wheels will not be in vain.  I have a folder called wire wheels, just
full of how to's..

I do have one question.  The clutch was done several years ago; less than
5,000 miles ago.  The clutch shudders (it gets grabby) when hot and
engaged on an uphill.  If the wrong brand clutch, ie not a Borg and Beck,
was installed, could this cause the shudder? or might it (please) just be
oil or dirt on the friction plate?

I want to thank everyone who has helped, directly and indirectly, in this
joyful acquisition.   Just reading all the E-Mail provides an education
which could not be acquired nearly as quickly anywhere else.  Pictures
provided by several individuals helped get my wife firmly behind me in
the purchase and were greatly appreciated.  She thought she wanted a more
modern car (TR6), with roll up windows.

As I get my hands dirty, I hope to be able to help provide answers to
other's questions, instead of just asking questions.

Thanks again everyone.

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, New Jersey
1960 TR3-A T69032L