Re: Bleeding Brakes (still!)

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: Bleeding Brakes (still!)
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 22:13:49 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Peter,
I had similar problems with my brakes and went through the same attempts as
you to fix them, including new hoses (which I'd strongly recommend if, like
mine they were probably original).
My final effort involved replacing the master brake cylinder with a new one
and that solved it for me.  I'd first tried a rebuild as well but, until I
put in the new one, the brakes never got a hard pedal, even after several
litres of fluid were bled through.  Your problem could likely be any of a
dozen other things, but if nothing else seems to work, you might consider
that.  I did mine this spring and its been OK all summer.
BTW, when bleeding, always start at the wheel cylinder farthest (i.e.,
longest pipe run) from the master cylinder.  On a LHD TR6, that should be
the rear passenger-side.  The front is the same - i.e., farthest first.
Good luck,
Rod.   '70 TR6  (CC55899L)