Re: Bleeding Brakes (still!)

To: peterz@merak.com
Subject: Re: Bleeding Brakes (still!)
From: JIMDAV6@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 20:04:04 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Peter,
Guess I'm lucky, but this one of the few things that I've never had much
trouble with.
Only thing I may do that you don't mention is; are you closing the bleed
screw before  your dad(assistant) releases the brake pedal? The procedure
should be: Open bleed screw, depress brake pedal slowly, tighten bleed screw,
release brake pedal slowly untill no bubbles can be seen in the jar. Oh, and
use a clear bleed tube, as sometimes you can see bubbles in the tube that
don't make it to the jar.
If all is functioning well, your pedal should be very firm.
Almost forgot, have you checked the condition of the rubber hoses? They can
become weak and balloon when applying brakes firmly, causing a spongy feel.
Good luck,

Jim Davis
CF38690UO
CF37325U